Jeśli wszystkie leki z grupy SSRI przestaną działać... jak traktujemy to w dłuższej perspektywie?

W odpowiednich podforach piszemy o lekach, jakie stosujemy i jak stosujemy oraz o skutkach ubocznych

Moderatorzy: Anette28, Moderatorzy

ODPOWIEDZ
FabianAllen
Debiutant ✽
Choroba: nie ustalono
województwo: warmińsko-mazurskie

Jeśli wszystkie leki z grupy SSRI przestaną działać... jak traktujemy to w dłuższej perspektywie?

Post autor: FabianAllen » 28 gru 2021, 14:52

I've recently started taking Lexapro for GAD with some accompanying depression.

Personally, I'm interested in taking mediation long-term. Given that anxiety has been a prominent feature throughout my entire life, the thought of starting on this drug indefinitely is actually less anxiety-producing than thinking that this will be a temporary help.

However, I've been reading about SSRI 'poop out' - the idea that these drugs will eventually stop working because our brains develop tolerance and reduce their endogenous seretonin output.

My question is where that leaves people who feel like they're going to need to be on these drugs long term - possibly even for life. Do you have to keep trying different medications periodically? Are medications breaks necessary (and doesn't that mean that periodic withdrawals are going to be necessary too)? How does it work exactly?

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Leki”