Polish Association Supporting People with Inflammatory Bowel Disease „J-elita” was established in May 2005. Since 2007 the Association is granted a Public Benefit Organization status which means it is possible to give 1% of personal income to “J-elita”.
Since April 2011 we have been a member of EFCCA – The European Federation of Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis Associations, an umbrella organization representing 33 national patients’ associations.
We unite patients and parents of diagnosed kids with Ulcerative Colitis , Crohn’s Disease or Microscopic Colitis.
We fight for:
• better medicament reimbursement
• access to the innovative treatment
• better access to the nutritional treatment
• shortening the time of diagnosis and easier access to specialists
• hospital departments that treat IBD patients
• Quarterly Magazine „J-elita”
• Handbooks for adults
• Comic books for kids
Our publications are for free. We send them to hospitals and clinics – just order them!
• seminars about IBD – IBD Educational Days
• rehabilitative and integrative camps
• short term training trips
• World IBD Day celebrations
• Celebrations of Santa Claus Day and Children’s Day
• groups support
• consultations via telephone and e-mail
We try to increase the awareness of IBD among the society through numerous media campaigns.
We count on you to help us! Thanks to your help we can reach and help the larger amount of IBD patients.